Get 'the Hole picture' from the King
Explore a variety of classic trails surrounding Snow King Mountain on a full or half day guided hike. Unplug while you immerse yourself within the beauty and quiet of the Bridger Teton National Forest surrounded by views of the Teton and Gros Ventre mountain ranges. Discover aspen forests painted with wildflowers. Learn the local flora and fauna. Step out and away from the resort and enjoy the serenity of the mountains. Snow King Mountain guided hikes operate under permit from the Bridger Teton National Forest and Snow King Mountain is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Hiking is a free activity and requires nothing more than a sturdy pair of shoes and some water.
Full-Day Guided Hike:
- 4-8 hours, includes lunch
Half-Day Guided Hike:
- Up to 4 hours, includes trail snacks
- Mornings: 8:30 am -12:30 pm
- Afternoons: 1:30 pm – 5:30 pm
Start at the Snow King Mountain base area at the corner of Snow King Avenue & Cache Street, about 6 blocks south of Town Square.Purchase TicketsBenefits of Online Booking
Snow King Mountain Hiking Trail Map
More Snow King Hiking Options
Enjoy the best views in Jackson Hole from the top of Snow King Mountain! You may also hike Snow King Mountain for free!
- Get your heart pumping on a 1.8-mile trail that ascends 1,571 vertical feet from the main base area to the summit.
- Take in gorgeous views of the Tetons, the Elk Refuge, and the town of Jackson and find out why locals “Climb the King” on a weekly or even daily basis!
- The Snow King Mountain trail system also connects to the popular Cache Creek and Game Creek trail systems beloved by hikers and mountain bikers alike.
When the gondola is running, hikers may ride the gondola down the mountain after their hike up, or ride the gondola up the mountain and hike down at a small fee per rider.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take?
That depends on your fitness level and your pace. The fastest time from bottom to top is about 15 minutes. Most locals will take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour and 15 minutes to reach the summit.
Can I bring my dog?
Dogs are allowed at Snow King and are subject to Teton County Dog Laws – they must be leashed or under strict voice control at all times.
Be sure to remove any dog waste. Mutt Mitts and a trash receptacle are provided at the trailhead. Please do not leave bagged waste along the trail – there is no poop fairy.