What do I need to know for concert day?
- Tickets are now available to pick up at the Snow King Gondola Ticket Booth. It is open 10am-8pm. If possible, pick them up prior to the show to avoid waiting in line.
- Your ticket is valid to load the gondola starting at 2:30pm and will be good to go up and down the gondola until the show is over.
- Music starts at 4pm and will go until 9pm with multiple sets, we are confident you will want to be there right from the start as it is an amazing lineup of musicians.
- Be prepared for warm weather and sun. There is limited shade at the top of the mountain so bring some sun block! Bring rain gear, and some warmer weather for the evening time as it will cool down late in the day at the top of the mtn.
- You are welcome to bring water and food, but no alcohol will be permitted to enter the venue. Please anticipate your bag to be searched prior to loading the gondola. We have three food vendors, as well as plenty of drinks available at the summit.
- Please bring blankets or chairs to sit comfortably on the ground.
- Consider bringing your hiking shoes and headlamp for a scenic hike down the mountain at the end of the concert, we anticipate a good wait for gondola downloading. If you need to get down fast consider leaving a bit early to get in line. The concert venue is bare ground with uneven waling surface so sturdy shoes are advised.
- Dogs are not permitted for this event.
- If you hike up you will be required to show your ticket to enter the venue.
Can I hike up to the concert?
Yes. You are welcome to hike up to or down from the concert. Tickets are required to access the concert venue so hikers without a ticket will not be permitted to enter the venue. After the concert, the download wait time for the gondola may exceed 1 hour. If you wish to hike down, please bring a headlamp and wear sturdy hiking shoes. Food, drink, and music will be available after the concert ends to allow guests to linger comfortably and enjoy the evening and views while others download the gondola. An aid station will be manned on the hiking trail where tickets/bags will be checked and water will be available. Wait time for downloading the gondola may be long so if you are up for a nice evening hike plan on it or enjoy your time at the summit.
Can ride the gondola down during the concert?
Yes. Your ticket to the concert will allow you to go up and down the gondola during the concert.
May I bring drinks for the evening?
No. Outside alcohol is not permitted in the concert venue. Bags will be searched prior to loading the gondola and upon entrance to the concert venue. Water bottles are ok, but will be checked for alcohol if they are reusable.
What happens in the event of weather?
As of Friday afternoon, the forecast looks great for the weekend! In the event of rain the show may be paused but will go on. In the event of lightening, the gondola and concert will be paused until it passes and people will need to take shelter in the trees or hike down the mountain. Typically these thunder storms pass quikly and the concert will resume as soon as they do. We will be monitoring the weather closely and if we see lightening approaching we may be able to download some people on the gondola prior to pausing operations and then can load back up when the lightening passes. Bring your rain gear just in case and some warm clothes for the evening.
What is available to eat and drink in the concert venue?
Craft beer and hard seltzers will be available from Roadhouse Brewing as well as wine. Food vendors will be on hand with dinner options, snacks, water, and non-alcoholic beverages. IDs will be required for the purchase of alcohol. Please come prepared.
Can I bring camp chairs or a blanket to sit on?
Yes. Camp chairs and blankets are allowed and encouraged. The venue is natural this summer with wood chips and dirt so please be plan accordingly to be comfortable. We will be seeding and revegetating this fall so that next year it is looking good.
What should I wear?
Please come prepared for inclimate weather at the top of the mountain, including chilly temperatures, wind, and rain. During the day sun shirts to protect you from the sun are a good idea, as well as hats and sunblock. As evening sets in the temperature will drop and it is a good idea to have a layer to stay comfortable. Rain gear is always good to have on hand when at the top of a mountain, just in case! The mosquitos have not been bad, but we do have horseflies to contend with on the mountain.
Can I bring my kids?
Yes. This is an all ages, family-friendly event. Tickets are the same price for adults as well as kids of all ages and include scenic gondola access or a free concert however you look at it. Please recognize that download times for the gondola at the conclusion of the event may take some time so plan accordingly or consider leaving a bit early if you need to get down before the sun sets.
What is included in the VIP Express ticket?
VIP Express tickets include priority loading and downloading on the gondola, as well as VIP access to the Panorama House. The Panorama House bar will be open for complimentary beer, wine, soft drinks and limited appetizers for VIP ticket holders only. Drink service will be available from 4–8pm. VIP ticket holders will also receive a free beer mug or koozie. After 8pm drinks will be available to purchase in the Panorama House.
Are bathrooms available at the top?
Yes. Porta Potties and hand-washing stations will be available.
What is the plan for future concerts at the summit?
We hope this inaugural concert on the Summit Stage will be the first of many, and expect our King Concerts to only get better as we finish construction of our new Summit House, the Planetarium and Observatory, and conclude revegetation work on the mountain.
What happens if I buy tickets and my plans change?
All ticket sales are final. No refunds or exchanges will be allowed.
What time can I arrive?
The venue will open at 2:30pm.
Can I bring my pet?
Will there be security?
To ensure guest’s safety, private security officers will be on-site as well as Teton County Sheriff officers. All guests and bags/purses will be subject to search. Any illegal activities will be dealt with quickly and efficiently by security personnel. Security will be stationed around the concert venue and to ensure that all guests enter have a ticket.
What are the covid protocols for these shows?
This outdoor show will follow current state and local health guidance. At present there are no restrictions in place. Anyone who does not feel comfortable attending an outdoor concert or riding in a gondola should not attend.