HOW IT WORKS
- Use your winter 2018/2019 season pass, winter 2019/2020 season pass, or purchase a summer scenic lift pass for $80 to participate in the uphill challenge. Winter Uphill passes are not valid.
- Form a group of up to 10 participants and work as a team to reach a set goal for total vertical feet while you also raise funds for the Club.
- Groups will pledge a donation per vertical feet climbed from a range of options that suits their donation ability and select a goal for the number of vertical feet the group will climb from July 15 – October 15.
- Corporations, non-profits or individuals may elect to match or cover the elected donation for their group to incentivize staff members, friends, or family in promoting physical fitness over the summer.
- Unique prizes and challenges will be established for competing groups.
- A single person, or “team leader”, will be given administrative access to set up their group profile and add members online for participation in the uphill challenge.
Following the success of the Snow King Winter Uphill Challenge we are seeking to roll out a summer climb the King challenge with a new group participation element as a fundraiser for the Jackson Hole Ski & Snowboard Club. Similar to the winter challenge, participants will hike or bike to the Summit of Snow King and track the vertical feet they climb through the use of a RFID pass scanning system. Participants can scan their winter full season pass, or purchase a summer scenic lift pass at scan stations at the base and summit of the mountain. Each month participants will be awarded prizes from Stio, Snow King Mountain, and the Jackson Hole Ski and Snowboard Club for a different challenge such as most vertical, fastest time, or most ascents in a day. New this summer, uphill challenge participants will be able to form teams to achieve goals as a group and through this process raise funds for the Jackson Hole Ski & Snowboard Club.
The Club serves over 500 student-athletes each year, and its primary training venue for the alpine program and headquarters is Snow King Mountain where it also hosts races at a local level to international levels of competition. The Club’s mission is: To inspire and develop student-athletes through innovative and accessible ski and snowboard programs that provide opportunities to pursue personal excellence in snowsports and life.
Uphill Time Tracking Frequently Asked Questions
There are START scan stations at the west side of the summit lift pump house and at above the Rafferty lift across from the Grand View lodge.
There are three FINISH scan stations, one at the Grizzly Ridge Pumphouse skier’s right of Cougar top station, one at the top of the boot pack on the Panorama House and the last on the ridge of the final switchback from the top.
Scan stations are marked with signage. Your pass should be within 2-3 inches to scan. You will hear a beep from the scanner on a successful scan.