Snow King Mountain Resort is the iconic Mountain Resort located in the heart of beautiful Jackson Hole, Wyoming. As a dual seasonal facility, it is home to many summer and winter family friendly attractions.
The Snow King Team is looking for a Experienced Heavy Operator to help with our 2023 expansion projects. The position runs from mid-May to November 2023. Operator would be primarily operating excavators, loader, mini-x, skid-steer, roller compactor, telehandler.
Responsibilities (But not limited to)
- Read and execute blueprint plans.
- Operate all heavy equipment like excavators, dozers, front-end loaders, and other related equipment.
- Obtain visual contact with obstructions and crew to avoid injury or property damage.
- Operate the equipment in the right direction and angles to prevent accidents and damage of property.
- Ensure and manage the machines or equipment in a safe and secure way.
- Perform daily safety, maintenance or servicing checks to ensure proper functioning of the equipment.
- Perform minor repair works during functioning problems.
- Inform and advise the management for major repairs or maintenance.
- Drive and control the equipment per manufacturer recommendations.
- Responds to signals and directions by the crew and work in coordination with them.
- Maintain proper coordination and cooperation with all other construction crews working on the mountain.
- Work in adherence to safe practices, procedures, work site.
- Performs other duties, as and when assigned.
Skills, Abilities & Qualifications
A heavy equipment operator must possess knowledge to perform his/hers job satisfactorily. The essential criteria must include the knowledge of:
- At least 4 years of heavy equipment operation experience.
- Must be proficient Heavy equipment operation.
- Must be proficient in reading and understanding blueprints.
- Maintenance and repair of heavy and power-driven equipment. · Must be proficient in workplace safety practices.
- Must be proficient in both manual and electronic operations.
- Must have physical ability to stand and work in strenuous and dangerous environments.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as by themselves.
- Ability to communicate and interact both verbally and written
- A keen eye to details and good decision-making skills.
- Manage to handle emergency situations, work under pressure and stress.
- Ability to complete work projects on time and in an effective manner.
- Possess a deep analytical understanding and problem-solving skills.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- 10 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Heavy equipment operation: 4 years (Required)
- Driver’s License
Work Location: In person