Snow King Mountain Resort is the iconic Mountain Resort located in the heart of beautiful Jackson Hole, WY. As a dual seasonal facility, it is home to many summer and winter family friendly attractions. The Snow King Team is looking for people with a love for the outdoors, a desire to learn, and a commitment to excellent service.
Snowmaker Supervisor(Full-time Seasonal)
The Snowmaking Supervisor is responsible for the upkeep, maintenance, and snow creation across the mountain as well as assisting to manage and schedule the team of snowmakers. With two shifts that run throughout the day and night, snowmakers get the opportunity to be on the mountain first and leave last. Past experience snowmaking and supervising others is required. Opportunities are available to work prior to the snowmaking season on the slopes maintenance crew, and after the snowmaking season on the operations team.
Responsibilities (But not limited to)
- Schedule day and or night shift snowmakers and work side by side with them to achieve snowmaking goals.
- Operate snowmaking equipment for creating manufactured snow from water resources
- Produce quality snow through the use of air, water, and fan equipment
- Constant relocation of guns and hoses to various areas around the mountain
- Adjusting, turning or moving of snow guns, sometimes by hand, to maintain snowmaking efficiency
- Adjusting the water and or air flow to snow guns
- Changing nozzles on snow guns when necessary to maintain efficiency
- Conduct regular maintenance checks on equipment, including checking water pipes, fluid levels and volume, temperature controls, energy consumption, and diesel fuel systems
- Document and report mechanical/safety issues, complete maintenance logs and checklists
- Perform light maintenance or repairs on equipment
- Shovel snow, remove snow around snowmaking equipment and other areas around the resort as needed
- Maintain all safety barriers, padding, and guards around snowmaking equipment
- Work safely in close proximity to heavy equipment, high voltage, and high water pressures
- Perform other duties as assigned while waiting for optimum snowmaking weather
- Work closely with and assist other departments such as Grooming, Ski Patrol, Lift Operations
- Test the quality of snow as it is made, reporting findings and conditions to the supervisor
- Drive snowmobiles, trucks and ATVs as necessary
- Work evening and night schedules when optimal temperatures provide for the best snowmaking
- High school diploma, GED or vocational training or job-related course work required
- Valid State Driver’s License
- The ability to work in adverse weather conditions include wind, snow, ice, and at night
- Good communication skills and accurately follow instructions
- Ski or snowboard abilities preferred
- Able to safely lift 50lbs.
- Pass to Snow King Mountain Resort (this includes free or discounted skiing at 30 other resorts)
- Access to free skiing at JHMR and Grand Targhee
- Discounts, pro deals, and many more
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Starting at $21/hour Depending on Experience