The Mountain Sports School Supervisor will help oversee all MSS business operations and assist the MSS Directors in their responsibilities, including, but not limited to: execution & enforcement of the MSS Operations Manual, Guest Service, Instructor Maintenance (recruiting, communication, logistics, payroll), Staff Training, Product Line Management, Facilities Management, and be a Liaison to other Snow King Departments & 3rd parties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take charge of class formation, aligning students’ abilities and skill levels while balancing class sizes to enhance the guest experience and operational efficiency. This involves maintaining an awareness of class sizes in relation to daily class ratio goals.
- Offer immediate support on the hill when classes are in session, addressing issues such as group divisions and monitoring instructor conduct. Serve as a mentor and information source for instructors, providing guidance and direction.
- Maintain effective communication with the sales desk to ascertain staff and product availability and to assign instructors accordingly.
- Participate in the instructor scheduling process and facilitate any necessary scheduling adjustments.
- Supervise the setup and teardown of lesson meeting areas.
- Check in Private Lessons and Local Seasonal Programs
- Create and deliver a weekly training clinic for the instructors.
- Managing a team of trainers–both internal and external (e.g. PSIA/AASI) and leading the development of staff/instructor training frameworks, goals, content and curriculum
- Help instructors work towards any PSIA or AASI Certifications
- May be called upon to teach skiers or snowboarders of varying skill levels, always prioritizing guest safety.
- Help manage all aspects of instructor maintenance such as coordination of instructors schedules, amending schedules for requested days off and equipping with uniforms/name tags, evaluating their performance/performance reviews, and giving feedback and rewarding/disciplining as appropriate.
- Supervise Multi-Week lesson program to include registration, guest and staff communication, coordination with school programs, coordinating bus/transportation
- 21 years of age or older
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- PSIA/AASI Level 2; Higher levels are valued but not required
- Ability to competently ski or snowboard all terrain at Snow King Mountain
- Successful completion of a background check
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written)
- Fluency in the Spanish language is valued but not required
- Must have excellent guest service and communication skills
- Must work well in a team
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment
- Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to learn skills, follow and provide directions
- Firm knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and browser applications