The Mountain Sports School Manager will help oversee all MSS business operations and assist the MSS Director in their responsibilities, including, but not limited to: execution & enforcement of the MSS Operations Manual, Guest Service, Instructor Maintenance (recruiting, communication, logistics, payroll), Staff Training, Product Line Management, Facilities Management, and be a Liaison to other Snow King Departments & 3rd parties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help oversee customer relations and insure that instructors are creating the best experiences and driving return sales; this includes both proactive & reactive communication with guests through a number of different channels, soliciting feedback from guests through a combination of both automated & ad hoc experience reviews, and ensuring that guests are matched to the appropriate skill levels of a given instructor (and working to make appropriate changes when necessary)
- Help oversee and actively manage the backend (Mtnos) and front end (snowkingmountain.com) in assuring that the online reservation experience is functioning and optimized.
- Help manage communications with clients, including weekly updates to program participants.
- Manage the recruiting, interviewing, hiring and onboarding (pre-season & in-season) of all MSS staff and instructor positions for both new and returning instructors, ensuring instructors have checked all boxes such as minimum training requirements, background checks, Mtnos/Paycom login, schedule, commitment, etc.
- Manage all aspects of instructor maintenance such as: coordination of instructors schedules, amending schedules for requested days off and equipping with uniforms/name tags, evaluating their performance/performance reviews, and giving feedback and rewarding/disciplining as appropriate.
- Manage all instructor communication – weekly newsletter with updates, need-to-know information, process changes, reminders, etc.
- Help aiding new instructors with the pre-season logistics of getting to Jackson (e.g. helping them find housing)
- Help payroll auditing & reconciliation, serving as the liaison to Accounting/HR on payroll issues, and ensuring instructors are successfully & accurately inputting their hours.
- Help with Instructor On-Snow Assistance – Coordinating splits, assisting with ‘first time up Raff’ groups, emergencies (“lone rangers,” a single student with some health/bio issue)
- Oversee the On-Snow Supervisors weekly training schedule.
- Managing a team of trainers–both internal and external (e.g. PSIA/AASI) and leading the development of staff/instructor training frameworks, goals, content and curriculum
- Overseeing the training of sales staff in the MSS sales offices to include customer service training.
- May be responsible for leading the terrain park crew with the daily operations.
- Managing the MSS product menu, including interfacing with program lead persons, MSS instructors and clients
- Managing Mtnos accuracy throughout the season to optimally reserve, schedule, and book an instructor’s time
- Help the MSS Administrator with daily student rosters and student groupings.
- Overseeing all supervision of children
- Oversee MSS Facilities build and maintenance
- Manage all aspects related to signage, snow fencing, snow making, snow grooming
- Creating and enforcing COVID protocols/measures as they directly related to MSS
- Serving as liaison to 3rd party organizations such as Coombs Outdoors and PSIA/AASI
- Serving as primary MSS liaison to other departments such as HR, Snowmaking, etc.
- Infusing, experimenting and executing on new ideas to keep the ski school modern and forward-thinking
- 21 years of age or older
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- PSIA/AASI Level 2; Higher levels are valued but not required
- Ability to competently ski or snowboard all terrain at Snow King Mountain
- Successful completion of a background check
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written)
- Fluency in the Spanish language is valued, but not required
- Must have excellent guest service and communication skills
- Must work well in a team
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment
- Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to learn skills, follow and provide directions
- Firm knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and browser applications