Sharpen your edges for world-class ski race training
Snow King Mountain has been a ski racing hub since before it was a resort. The Jackson Hole Ski & Snowboard Club began in 1938 right here at the King.
With the installation of a new snowmaking system and enhanced lighting, Snow King Mountain has evolved into a world-class race-training facility used by members of the US Ski Team and other national teams.
- You can reserve early-season training at Snow King Mountain now through the Jackson Hole Ski and Snowboard. Temperature and weather permitting, training begins midNovember and runs through December 20, 2019. Racing lanes are available all season long with a special request.
- For additional information please contact: Branko Zagar, Alpine Programs & Race Director, Jackson Hole Ski & Snowboard Club website, BZagar@JHSkiClub.org or by phone at 307-733-6433.
Training - Policies and Procedures
2019 JHSC – Early Season Training – Policies and Procedures
The Jackson Hole Ski and Snowboard Club (JHSC) and Snow King Mountain Resort offer early-season training beginning mid-November (temperatures and weather permitting) and running until December 20, 2019.
The Cougar lift services all training lanes. A Snow King trail map is available at: Terrain Statistics
Early-season training is available on approximately 240 vertical meters of varied terrain including FIS homologated courses for Slalom and Giant Slalom.
Snow will be prepared to the hardest “race ready” surface possible. The training arena is lined with a single layer of B-Net and multiple layers where requested and installed by coaches. Training lane layout may be found online at Snow King Training Lanes.
Available on any single lane
- Exhibition – Lane 1/2/3
- Cougar – Lane 4/5
- Elk – Lane 7/8/9
Approximate number of SL gates which can be set:
- Cougar 60
- Elk 40
- ‘Half Length’ available on single lanes
- ‘Full Length’ available by combining 2 lanes
- Approximate number of GS gates which can be set:
- Half 15
- Full 30
Lane Training Time Slots
- Three two-hour training slots will be available
- 7:30-10:00AM, 10:00-12:00AM, 12:00AM-2:00PM, 2:00-4:00PM
- Coaches will be allowed to load 15 minutes prior to training slot
- Training must conclude so course setting can begin at 10:00, 12:00 and 2:00
- All teams must slip after training
- Unused lift tickets are non-transferable
- Lift tickets are valid for one training day
Shared Lane/Training Charges
- Individual athletes or small teams may share lanes. The cost of the lane will be split among all athletes by the lane manager. Guest Training with JHSC programs is $100 per day.
- Training lanes will be tentatively assigned based on team requests
- Daily meetings will be held at 4:00 in the JHSC offices to coordinate training for the following day
- Team captains are responsible for ensuring a safe and productive training environment on the hill for all teams. SAFETY FIRST.
- “Start Stop” must be placed on all adjacent starts when slipping of courses is to take place.
- Technicians with equipment may not descend the course while training is in process.
- Liability releases: It is the responsibility of the team captain to ensure that all adult participants including athletes, coaches, servicemen, press, medical, etc. have completed JHSC liability waivers. All minors must have releases signed by parents or LEGAL guardians.
- 2019 releases will be available online at: https://jhskiclub.org/athlete-raceevent-waiver
- The team captain of the team holding the lane reservation is responsible for ensuring that any guest athletes, staff or other personnel have completed and returned liability releases and confirm lane billing with the lane manager.
- Insurance: Teams or individuals must provide certificates of liability insurance listing Snow King Resort and Jackson Hole Ski & Snowboard Club as additionally insured
- Training priority will be as follows:
- U.S. Ski Team
- Other invited national teams
- Order of reservation
- By level of athletes
- By length of training stay
- By other factors to provide the best quality and safest possible environment
- Teams of compatible athletes will be scheduled in each training time slot
Every effort will be made to provide a quality training experience to all guest teams
Training Lane Requests/Reservations
Reservations: Deposit of 50% of lane fee required to reserve lanes
Reserve now: First come first serve firstname.lastname@example.org
Deposit Deadline: September 30
Deposit non-refundable if lane is available/ready
Refund policy: Should early-season training not be available on Snow King due to lack of snow, teams will receive a complete refund of their deposit.