Food and Beverage Director
As the F&B Director, you will fill a vital role by directing and supervising food preparation for all food outlets of the resort and ensuring the highest-level quality and consistency in food handling, food quality, and food presentations while maintaining established operational standards. You will also fill a leadership role in supporting the resort’s financial goals by assisting in the restaurant’s daily operations and other Food and Beverage service areas. You will ensure the highest quality of product and service standards to ensure guest satisfaction and maximize revenues and profitability. This position reports to the General Manager.
The ideal candidate will have the skills and capacity to oversee all current F&B outlets and assist in the development from the ground up of a new mountain-top bar and fine dining restaurant facility that is currently under construction. The new facility is planned for completion and opening in 2024.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
- Have a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Food and Beverage Department director.
- Have 5 or more years of progressive Food and beverage experience; or a Culinary Degree with 5 or more years of progressive Food and beverage experience or other successful F&B service industry experience.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, smile, and radiate a positive and accommodating attitude while interacting with customers.
- Creates and plans all meals and menus for the restaurant/s, outlet/s, and catered events.
- Appreciates the complexity of ski resort operations from an F&B perspective and has a positive attitude in overcoming logistical challenges.
- Expedite peak meal periods by maintaining a “hands-on” approach.
- Works within a monthly set food cost budget, adjusts food requisitions, and controls waste.
- Monitors food outlets, buffets, stations, and food displays for creativity, quality, cleanliness, and food safety.
- Assures timely set up schedules well trained cooks in all areas in proper uniform.
- Assists the food and beverage services for events and group activities at the resort and coordinates with other departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales team and prospective clients.
- Works frequently with subordinates in the Food and Beverage Department to ensure all aspects of business are running smoothly and on schedule to improve existing practices and services both in the front and back of the house.
- Communicates financial information to the General Manager, including short- and long-term operational and financial plans for the food and beverage department.
- Achieves budgeted revenues, controls costs (which includes labor, food, maintenance, etc.), and maximizes profitability related to the facility operations.
- Inspects restaurants and outlets daily to ensure high-quality food and food presentation, cleanliness, and side work duties completed. Maintain follow-through of all guest requests, problems, complaints, and/or accidents that occur in the Restaurants.
- Assist Department Head/General Manager to schedule employees at proper staffing levels; watch labor cost daily to ensure efficiency in scheduling.
- Participates in monthly inventories. Initiates programs to reduce breakage and loss.
- Assists in aggressively recruiting staff using company hiring standards (i.e., behavioral questioning, reference checks, evaluations, and team interviews).
- Conducts pre-shift meetings to inform staff of daily events; ensures staff is prepared organized and delivers high service standards.
- Assist the Department Head/General Manager in developing and ensuring implementation of Food and Beverage promotional ideas.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Responsibilities (But not limited to)
- Oversee the daily operations of two grills, a mountain-top fine dining restaurant, catering, banquets, snack sales locations, and events. Priorities include managing and overseeing the daily execution of financial goals, food service, motivating and managing staff, restaurant standards, and food and beverage operations for the mountain.
- Implementing and enforcing company policies and procedures, as well as complying with state and federal laws for food and beverage handling.
- Responsible for event management, food, and beverage day-to-day functions, including staff management, guest interactions, office administration duties, vendor communications, and labor costs
- Manage the ordering, receiving, and inventory of all food and beverages for the mountain.
- Responsible for ensuring that the department is operating within established budgets.
- Manage the daily operations of the King’s Grill, SK Cafe, Snack Shack, Panorama House, and Summit Restaurant, including the supervision of all restaurant employees, scheduling, opening, and closing procedures
- Manage the POS systems within the restaurant and at events to, include handling register banks and deposits
- Schedule all employees.
- Oversee menu development, trends, and inventory to grow the food and beverage department
- Ensuring that food is presented correctly and timely, to coordinate training, and ensure service standards are met.
- Encourage the performance of employees with sales goals and a plan for meeting restaurant goals.
- Conducts and coordinates on-the-job training for associates and ensures all associates receive basic skills training to perform their jobs
- Ensure that customers have an outstanding and pleasant dining experience.
- Accurately receive all deliveries of food and beverage orders to the restaurant promptly.
- Maintain a clean restaurant environment in compliance with state and federal laws and, local sanitary, safety, and health standards, and all procedures and protocols to comply with the law.
- Other duties as may be determined by the General Manager
Job Type: Full-Time Salaried Position
Apply now to start your process: