The Front of House (FOH) Manager ensures the day-to-day front-of-house restaurant operations run smoothly. The FOH manager must ensure that the front of the house is appropriately staffed, proper prep is completed for the day, and that employees treat customers with the utmost respect and quality service. They will also ensure efficient restaurant operations while maintaining high productivity, quality, and customer service standards. The FOH manager must be committed to the safety of team members and guests and follow all proper food service guidelines.
Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Manage and coordinate activities of other front-of-house employees and ensure restaurant operations run smoothly.
- Deliver superior customer service and satisfaction.
- Manage the training process and procedures for front-of-house employees.
- Operationally support any functions and activities for Front of House and Back of House preparing room and equipment.
- Manage the cleanliness of the facility.
- Manage the restaurant’s image and feedback received. Suggest ways to improve customer satisfaction.
- Oversee opening and closing tasks.
- Manage tasks associated with banquets, weddings, and other events.
- Step in and assist wherever needed, whether cooking, preparing food, etc.
- Obtain a ServSafe certification (ServSafe Manager certification preferred)
- 2 years of prior management or supervisory experience
- Proven knowledge of food and beverage/restaurant functions.
- Ability to multitask, problem-solve, and make decisions
- Responsible and trustworthy, has a teamwork mentality
- Proven customer service experience.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English to understand instructions and safety rules and communicate with guests.
- Work schedules will include holidays, weekends, and alternate shifts.
- Banquet and event operations and fulfillment of BEOs for excellence in service during all events.