Snow King Mountain Resort is the iconic Mountain Resort located in the heart of beautiful Jackson Hole, WY. As a dual seasonal facility, it is home to many summer and winter family friendly attractions. The Snow King Team is looking for people with a love for the outdoors, a desire to learn, and a commitment to excellent service.
The CFO / Controller will play a key role in overseeing Snow King Mountain’s growth as a business from an operational and capital investment perspective. Reporting directly to the President and General Manager, this position will be responsible for compliance activities and processes, maintaining accurate books/records, and providing timely and accurate data required for business and financial analysis, and internal and external reporting.
The CFO / Controller will be a partner to our business teams and will support their initiatives. Building strong business relationships within the organization will be a significant component of this position’s responsibilities. This will involve interactions with investors, lenders, Board of Director members, and professional service firms, among others.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Manage daily accounts receivable and account payable responsibilities, including payment collection, billing responsibilities and weekly check runs.
- Manage monthly and yearly close requirements.
- Responsible for cash management and forecasting.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Responsible for all revenue recognition reporting and compliance requirements.
- Prepare timely Financial Statements.
- Promote a sense of urgency for reaching goals and completing key deliverables.
- Prioritize tasks to deliver timely reporting while assisting other departments as required.
- Provide accounting personnel with effective feedback, training, regular status meetings, and annual performance reviews.
- Provide accounting and financial input and leadership on key decisions affecting all aspects of the business.
- Work with business teams to further develop policies and processes surrounding the operations, capital expenditures and budgeting.
- Review and continuously improve the system of policies, processes, procedures, templates, and internal controls.
- Lead all aspects of the month-end close process.
- Ensure that all account reconciliations are prepared, reviewed, and approved on a timely basis.
- Create and present ad-hoc analytics and reporting to support the business teams.
- Review opportunities for integrating different systems to create efficiencies.
- Review financial statements and support the preparation of external financial statements to be included in periodic filings with investors including balance sheets, statements of operations, changes in stockholders’ equity, and statements of cash flow.
- Review and present cash flow estimates.
- Ability to research and interpret accounting principles and pronouncements and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Support other business initiatives by working with business partners, including establishing process and policies, as needed.
- Ensure proper and accurate classification of all transactions.
- Provide accurate and timely data for audits and other regulatory filings.
- Assist in special projects and ad-hoc requests as necessary.
- Work with the outside tax accounting firm and provide necessary information to ensure timely preparation of tax returns for multiple entities.
- Performs other duties as necessary or assigned.
- 10+ years of financial accounting experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- Strong experience with one or more financial systems (preferred: Great Plains)
- Proven strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail, data driven and hands-on
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent major
- CPA an/or Masters in Finance or Accounting MBA desired
- Expertise in the U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Big Four accounting firm background preferred
- Excellent and highly accurate math and accounting skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.