As locals know, we’ve been busy this summer here at The King.
There’s a whole new snowmaking system, new lighting, and a new terrain park scheduled to open in December. Keep reading for more details on the work still in progress and check back for updates.
- Increased snowmaking capacity by 500%
- 21 new fixed-mount remote controlled guns
- More than double our uphill water capacity
- Snowmaking all the way to the Summit
- Open early December
- New higher jumps
- Multiple rail features
- Designed by JP Martin
- Glading Project cleared dead standing and downed wood from 9 out of 209 wooded acres – new tree skiing
- Kids’ Trails through some formerly very tight woods
- Energy-efficient reducing energy use by 40%.
- Better quality night skiing
- Less impact on the night sky
- Safety bars on Cougar lift
Mountain Sports School
- Better student tracking with a check-in/check-out corral, and greeters and aids
- Revamped Rafferty Racers Program, a great way for kids to try racing
- Online registration